Dear IAH Parents and HIC Community Members:
IAH would like to advertise for the IAH Principal Position for the upcoming academic year of 2015/2016. Currently, we are accepting resumes and will be setting up interviews with applicants starting May 15, 2015. We highly encourage all interested applicants to submit their resumes as soon as possible. We also kindly request, if you know of anyone interested, please ask him/her to submit his/her resume. The attached file includes the list of requirements, qualifications, duties, and responsibilities. Please email your resume to:
Screening of the applicants will continue till the position is filled.
Thank you and JAK.
Dr. Mohamed Seif
Secretary of Education
Job Title: Principal
Location: Huntsville, AL, US
Organization Name: Islamic Academy of Huntsville (IAH)
The Principal will provide leadership to ensure high standards are met and oversee compliance with policies, success of instructional programs, and operation of all IAH activities.
Education and Certification Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in education from an accredited university is required, and a Master’s degree or higher in education is strongly desirable.
- Previous teaching experience in U.S. schools is required and administrative and/or school leadership experiences are preferred.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
- Candidate must pass background check.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong organizational, communication, public relations, and interpersonal skills.
- Thorough understanding of school operations
- Working knowledge of curriculum and instruction
- Skill in evaluating instructional programs and teaching effectiveness
- Skill in managing staff, operations, projects, and budget.
- Ability to work with culturally diverse populations and build strong community partnership.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the policies, regulations and procedures to ensure that all students are supervised in a safe and productive Islamic learning environment that meets the approved State curricula, vision, and mission of the school.
- Develop, articulate and implement a vision of learning that is shared and supported by the school community.
- Provide instructional leadership for the alignment of curriculum, instruction and assessment through the purposeful observation and evaluation of teachers;
- Develop an approach to improve and maintain a positive culture for learning that capitalizes on multiple aspects of cultural diversity to meet the needs of all students and staff.
- Establish and maintain a program of discipline that is supportive of the instructional program.
- Ensure efficient management of school operations and resources for a safe and effective learning environment.
- Seek and engage in professional activities that foster leadership development; build the capacity of the other aspiring leaders; set the school goals, and generate financial and educational reports.
- Demonstrate integrity, fairness, mutual respect, and high ethical standards; Work cooperatively and interact positively with students, staff, community, and IAH Education Board; exercising courtesy and discretion; serve as a role model for staff and students.
Interested candidates, please email your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Screening will start on May 15, 2015 and will continue till the position is filled.