Dear IAH Parents and HIC Community Members:
IAH Executive Education Committee would like to announce that we are going to be advertising for the IAH Principal position, as well as for Certified Teachers for the upcoming academic year of 2015/2016. We are accepting resumes currently, and will be setting up interviews with applicants in the next two weeks. We highly encourage all interested applicants to submit a resume as soon as possible. We also kindly request, if you know of anyone interested, to please ask them to contact the IAH office and submit their resume in order to increase our chance of having appropriate candidates. Below is a list of qualifications for both positions for your convenience. Please submit resume by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you. Thank you, and JAK.
Dr. Sawsan Alkurabi
Secretary of Education
Qualifications for Principal of the IAH
- Bachelor’s degree, and a Master’s degree in education from a U.S. accredited university is strongly desirable.
- Previous teaching experience in U.S. schools is required and administrative and/or school leadership experiences are preferred. In lieu of past teaching experience, distinguished candidates with outstanding credentials will be considered.
- The Principal will serve as the school’s leader and shall have the ability to effectively build successful relationships with parents and the community to promote the school.
- Well versed in Arabic and Islamic knowledge are highly desirable.
- Ability to work with staff and students of different cultural backgrounds.
- Must be creative, self-motivated, motivator, and able to respond quickly and effectively to changing priorities.
- Must possess strong written, oral and presentation skills.
- Must be a proficient MS Office user.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
The IAH Principal serves as the educational leader, responsible for managing the policies, regulations and procedures to ensure that all students are supervised in a safe and productive Islamic learning environment that meets the approved State curricula, vision, and mission of the school. The Principal is responsible for achieving academic excellence through collaboration and nurture of all members of the school staff and monitoring the scheduling, curriculum development, extracurricular activities, personnel management, emergency procedures, and facility operations. The Principal is also responsible for the professional development of the school’s teachers and staff. The Principal is expected to be responsible for developing, managing, setting school goals, and executing annual school budgets and generating recurring financial and educational reports. Consequently he or she should be able to efficiently use financial software packages, such as QuickBooks.
Qualifications for Teachers of IAH
* Must have at least a Bachelor’s in Education from a U.S accredited university.
* Must be Certified in Education. We are also accepting applications for Advanced Arabic, and Islamic studies (certification is desirable, but not required)
* Previous teaching experience is highly encouraged.
* Must be able to use differentiated instructions to ensure different academic needs for students are met.
* Must be willing and capable of being involved in afterschool activities.
* Must be culturally sensitive.
* Must be a team player.
* Must be eligible to work in the United States.