Islamic Academy of Huntsville (IAH) strives to create an Islamic environment where students learn to love, serve others, and become tolerant individuals, while learning.
The Islamic Academy of Huntsville (IAH) believes that all children should have the opportunity to become well-rounded individuals and to mature to their fullest human potential in an Islamic environment that promotes high academic achievement and moral excellence based upon the guidance of the Quran and Sunnah.
The Core Values of the Islamic Academy of Huntsville (IAH) are founded on the teachings of Islam with the goal for our students to understand and place the teachings into practice.
- Honesty– We are truthful, sincere, and act with honor.
- Kindness– We choose to treat others with compassion, courtesy, respect, and dignity.
- Responsibility– We are in control of our own behavior. We do what our teachers ask us at school to the very best of our ability. We admit when we make mistakes and try to correct them ourselves.
- Service– We look for ways to help those who are struggling in life.
- Students will learn the basic tenets of Islam.
- Teachers will offer appropriate intervention for struggling students.
- Teachers will utilize best practices in providing learning experiences for all students.
- Student will have access to support services.
- Students will be exposed to character education through daily experiences.
- Students will participate in community projects.
- Teachers will participate in professional learning communities.
- We will provide a learning environment that is physically safe and emotionally secure for all students, faculty and staff to accomplish our mission and objectives.
- We will increase student achievement in all areas and subjects through differentiated, personalized instruction and the use of best practices that actively engage all students to accomplish our mission and objectives.
- We will provide a variety of experiences to cultivate the development of outstanding character in our students to accomplish our mission and objectives.
- We will integrate technology as a seamless part of the curriculum through the use of technological tools to accomplish our mission and objectives.